A new survey by LinkedIn found that 80 percent of American workers experience stress and anxiety on Sunday nights, as the return of the work week looms. This phenomenon is also known as the “Sunday Scaries.”
So what causes this stress?
- 60% of respondents say they worry about their workload for the week.
- 44% say it’s due to trying to balance their work and personal lives.
- 39% say thinking about tasks they didn’t finish the week before causes anxiety.
- More than 1 in 3 said they feel the Sunday Scaries every week.
- The condition affects Generation Z most (94%), followed by Millennials (91%), Gen-Xers (72%) and Baby Boomers (69%). (Moneyish) Kevin in the Morning!