Maybe it’s the decline of quality craftsmanship -- or maybe it’s just nostalgia -- but we all have at least one or two things that we remember being better back in the day.
- Cars -- Before everything went electric, computerized and digital, you could usually handle most repairs yourself. And don’t get me started on the looks …
- Electronics -- When you bought a consumer appliance back in the day, it used to last a long time. And, if something went wrong, there were places all over to go when you needed a fix. Now, it seems like things are made to break every year or two so that you just have to buy a new one.
- Coffee -- Whatever happened to just getting a good, hot cup of coffee? Everything has gotten way more complicated than it needs to be.
- Video Games -- There was something elegant about simple arcade games and old school consoles. Today’s games are visually stunning, but there sure are a lot of buttons to mess with -- and too much thinking to do for something that’s supposed to be fun.
- What old stuff do you miss -- and actually long for -- the most?
- Some of this is nostalgia, of course. Some old stuff was pretty crappy -- and we just have fond memories of it.
- Kevin in the Morning!