Going to a live sporting event is a great way to spend the day -- but there is some risk. You have to be careful driving in the parking lot. You might encounter some rowdy fans. And, there’s a chance you might get sick in the stadium or arena because of health code violations.
ESPN did some research and discovered a bunch of food safety violations at professional sports stadiums and arenas across the country.
Here are some highlights:
- “bad food prep” and “beer leaking” at Spectrum Center in Charlotte
- “moldy strawberries” and “insects” at American Airlines Center in Dallas
- “moldy cream cheese” and “bad hygiene” at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte
- “mold in ice machine” at Pepsi Center in Denver
And, maybe the worst…
- “mouse feces” and “live cockroaches” at Coors Field in Denver. (ESPN) Kevin in the Morning!